2019 Ram 1500 Review
In case you haven’t heard, the Ram 1500 has been redesigned inside and out. We’re proud to offer our thoughts on this highly capable, high-tech truck in this 2019 Ram 1500 review.
Interior amenities offer plenty of comfort for your trips between Savannah and Vernonburg. Meanwhile, improved performance and handling make it easier to take even more gear along as you drive through Georgetown and Montgomery.
Check it out here to see if you want to take this hardworking truck for a spin at Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram South Savannah!
Performance and Capability
- Most trims come standard with a 3.6L Pentastar® V6 with eTorque, generating 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- A 5.7L HEMI® V8 is also available with or without eTorque, generating 395 horsepower.
- Each engine teams up with an 8-speed TorqueFlite® automatic transmission.
- The all-new Ram 1500 can carry a max payload of 2,300 pounds when properly equipped.
The most notable addition to the Ram 1500 comes in the form of an eTorque mild hybrid system, available on both the 3.6L Pentastar® V6 and the 5.7L HEMI® V8. This combination of a motor generator unit and 48-volt battery pack works with the start/stop function to save you fuel when idling, but it’s so much more than that.
On the Pentastar® V6, this mild hybrid system can add up to 90 lb-ft of short-range torque to help you get moving. That increases to 130 lb-ft of torque assist on the HEMI® V8, giving you the power to tow up to 12,750 pounds when properly equipped.
Handling is further improved with new Frequency Response Damping (FRD) shocks. Bypass valves open and close in response to driving conditions, offering more stability at low speeds and more comfort on the highway. A 4-corner air suspension system is also available for even more comfort both on and off the road.
Interior Comforts and Tech
- Both cab configurations offer 40.9 inches of front headroom and 40.9 inches of front legroom.
- Quad Cab provides 35.6 inches of rear legroom, while Crew Cab increases that to 45.2 inches.
- Plenty of storage options make it easy to carry laptops, file folders, tools, and more
- An available 12-inch touchscreen offers both pinch-zoom and split-screen capabilities
Whether your Ram is your office or your home away from home, you want it to come with plenty of interior comforts. The all-new Ram 1500 delivers with an impressive amount of front and rear passenger space. Seats are available in easy-to-clean vinyl and leather trims.
This truck is available with a front-row bench seat or center console. The console offers seemingly endless configuration options. Wired and wireless device charging is available in the handy cell phone trays, while the lower storage can hold a 15-inch laptop or hanging file folders. Up top, you can find an extra tray for smaller items as well as cup holders.
Whether you choose a model with the 5-, 8.4-, or 12-inch touchscreen display, you’ll enjoy how easy it is to use the Uconnect® multimedia system. Bluetooth® connectivity comes standard, allowing you to stream audio or take advantage of hands-free calling. Additional options include SiriusXM® with 360L, Apple CarPlay®, and Android Auto™.
Test Drive the 2019 Ram 1500
If you’re near Savannah, Georgetown, Vernonburg, or Montgomery, head to Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram South Savannah to see this impressive truck for yourself. Contact us today to learn more or schedule a test drive of the 2019 Ram 1500!